Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blue Smoky Eye Look






Hey, everyone!! It's time for my FIRST tutorial! I really hope that some will find this helpful. PLEASE also keep in mind that this is my first time EVER attempting to do a tutorial for other people to follow! Feel free to comment on how I can make my future tutorials better. I tried really hard to include every step that I normally do as best as I can, but I'm sure I forgot SOMETHING. Okay. Now let's get started. Since this is my first tutorial I will start at the very beginning: A fresh face.

Please don't mind the hair! I usually do my make-up before I do my hair. Anyway, so, at this point I had exfoliated my face in the shower, used a cotton ball to apply toner on my face, and followed up with my moisturizer (Lubriderm). I also made that face on purpose. ;o)

NEXT, I apply my concealer. I use Mac's concealer that comes in this type of container. I use my fingers to apply it to my under eye area, as well as any areas on my face that may need to be covered up.

























I will then apply my cream foundation over the rest of my face. I like to mix my foundation with a little bit of my moisturizer in order to have a smoother application. For this tutorial I used my Covergirl Aquasmooth foundation in "Soft Sable." Sometimes after I apply this foundation I will follow up with one of Mac's loose powders with a Kabuki brush to finish off the look. I also use a foundation brush to apply the cream foundation to my face.




And this is what my face looks like after I apply my facial products. Notice a difference from the first pic?? I can definitely tell that my face isn't in its best shape because I haven't been drinking my water like I should. :o( Anyway, to finish off preparation for the eye makeup I apply the same Mac concealer that I used under my eyes to my eyelids, up to my eyebrows. This serves as a primer for the eyeshadow, and allows the colors to really POP. :o)


Okay, now on to the fun part - the eyeshadow!!! :o) For this look I will be using my Manly 120 color palette. You can find these online. Most people have bought theirs off of Ebay.


First, we will start with the inner half of the eyelids. I used the silver color on the first row:
Then, I will apply a darker shade of blue to the outer half of my eyelid. Now, remember when I said that I would probably forget something?? :o/ Apparently, I did not take a pic of the eyeshadow color that I used in the palette. Hopefully you can kind of tell what color blue that was used, or at least something similar.




Lastly, I took an even darker shade of blue and applied it to my crease.



Next I proceeded to blend the colors together. I also added liquid eyeliner to my top lid and a eyeliner pencil to my bottom waterline. I finished up the look with mascara. I also filled in my eyebrows with some dark brown eyeshadow.


And you're done!! I know that this was probably not as helpful as it could've been, and for that I do apologize. I think it will just take me a little while to get the hang of this tutorial thing! Please feel free to provide feedback on how I can improve!

No comments: