Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Starting With the Basics: Facial Care

Sometimes people ask me how I get my skin to look so smooth. Although my skin is not horrible, it's DEFINITELY not in its best shape, but I would like to share my facial regimen before I get started with the make-up tutorials. I hope y'all don't mind! ;o) I will share with you the products that I use for my daily skin routine, as well as how I use them. Also, all of the products that I am currently using are fairly cheap, and are very affordable. I hope you guys find this helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions!!
1. Dove Beauty Moisture Foaming Facial Cleanser
This is the facial cleanser that I use to remove make-up from my face. I use it at least once a day with a wash cloth or with my hands. This is my first time using this, and I really like this product.





2. Queen Helene Apricot Natural Facial Scrub

I use this product to exfoliate my skin a few times a week. I use this product on my face when I'm not wearing make-up, and in place of my moisturizer. The bottle says that it's safe enough to use daily to exfoliate your skin and get the dead skin cells off of your face so that your make-up application will be smoother.




3. Witch Hazel

I use a generic brand of witch hazel as a toner. You can really use any brand of witch hazel (they should all be the same/similar). I use this twice a day after I moisturize/exfoliate my skin. It feels great on my skin (very refreshing).


4. Lubriderm Body Lotion (any type)

In an effort to save money I currently use my body lotion as a facial moisturizer, and it works pretty well. I have extremely dry skin, which is why I ONLY use Lubriderm on my body. I ran out of my moisturizer one day, and I just started using my lotion, and haven't bought a facial moisturizer since! I would definitely recommend using it. I honestly can't tell the difference between a facial moisturizer and my Lubriderm body lotion. The generic also works just as well.


No comments: